Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tingling

It's tingling... my arm's tingling... I had a jab yesterday that was given under the skin.. Not the kind that they give at your bicep.. You can see a small bump forming as the solution is infused into your skin.

It swelled today. Quite a big one.. My arm feels weak, tingling and aching at the same time. I showed him my arm and asked him," Is this normal?" I expected a normal answer. But instead he "tiak" my arm the way you would hit marbles and said,"you mean this?" PAIN eh!!!!... The pain didn't stay at the spot he hit but started radiating to my fingers too. I jokingly told him that I would never see him for anything in the future, he laughed.

I don't have the luxury of my friends who have people falling over their own feet just to make them happy, take care of them when they are sick or supporting them when they are limping. Sounds like I am jealous of the most ridiculous thing right? The truth is I AM. There was once a person who my friend crossed the road with and he suddenly changed position with her and he said, 'the car can bang me first'. But when this same person crossed the road with me, our position remains the same and the car is allowed to bang me first. Sounds absurd? Well... this is just one of the examples. But i am slowly learning to ignore it and to just laugh at the absurdness of the situations.
When I state that i shall go seek medical attention, i receive snide remarks, "Slack right?" etc.

Sometimes i feel that when i talk, people will doubt what i say.
I have come to just depend on my body's ability to recover on its own.
I will survive...

No comments: