Saturday, May 10, 2008

Guilty

I am so guilty.. guilty of neglecting the people around me.

It seems like i have been so caught up in my web of work that i have failed to observe the changes in my surroundings and updates in the gals' lives.. I only know of events about 2wks to a month after it has occured. Sorry, I haven't been a very good friend.. Sadly, it is highly possible that i have also neglected myself without even realising it.

I must admit the purple dress in warehouse was very pretty. The remark did spark a train of thoughts in my mind as we continue to update our similar lack of knowledge about the changes in Raffles City.. Haha...

It's quite true. I am probably someone that is afraid of failure and tends to choose the safer option. I would always choose black over colours that i am afraid may not look good on my skin. I chose the safer polytechnic route so that i would not have to worry about failing A' levels and having to face repeating JC or not being good enough to enter Uni. Similarly, i think i chose my current career path as it seemed like an iron rice bowl then.

How times have changed, the 'iron rice bowl' has deteriorated.

I was in phuket last week and it made me question what truly makes me happy. I pondered deeply for 2 days and it seemed like i had some emotional, physical and mental baggage. As i sat in the Banyan Tree library reading the latest Vogue, i was envious of the shiny, glittering, gorgeous and frivolous stuff that people had. But could they really add to my constant search for happiness?

As i sat by the pool reading "Shopaholic and Baby", i was content to be just slacking there.

I am probably having a case of "Working too hard and wanting too much".

Bangkok is 3 days away. But it's going to be shitty time before it arrives. I have to work tomorrow and am given off on monday which i won't be able to take due to a 10am meeting. Won't be able to take it on tuesday too as i have made arrangements to settle stores. Although i am on leave on wed, i have to go back to office for a morning meeting. Such similar situations we are in.

Just hope to be able to put down all my work and totally enjoy myself in BKK. *Fingers crossed* that no one from office calls.

1 comment:

Psyke aka Sean (ショーン) said...

Just switch that handphone off, and have a great time. Enjoy yourself!